Norway based omega-3 origin verification tech company ORIVO, is proud to announce its new partnership with Qingdao (China) based krill oil brand, VIK, a brand based solely on pure krill oil supplied by Aker BioMarine, also of Norway.
– We are proud to partner with VIK, explains Ole Kristian Sakkestad, VP of global sales at ORIVO.
– Far and away, the most common issue around supplement products is the concern that a product may not be what it claims. Transparency is becoming a very big part of consumer choice and decision-making.
Through the ORIVO certification, VIK krill oil consumers finally can get true transparency and the world´s first origin guarantee for omega-3 supplements. Each VIK production batch is being tested in ORIVO´s science center in Norway, and according to ORIVO´s CTO, Dr. Erik Fuglseth, the testing technology is unique:
– We have developed advanced technology and sophisticated algorithms to create so-called chemical fingerprints of omega-3 oils and built a huge and proprietary reference database consisting of fingerprints of the most common omega-3 sources from around the globe today, including krill oil of course. We can therefore match the fingerprints in our reference database with any sample from any brand, species, or origin to give evidence-based proof of authenticity and ultimate transparency to end users.
Furthermore, Fuglseth explains that the ORIVO technology is supported by well proven science: “The actual laboratory analysis technique is the same one being used in cancer research and authentication of wine, and the powerful machine learning algorithms used to build our chemical fingerprints and reference database are similar to the ones being used by web search engines and social media platforms.
Product manager of VIK, Yannice Xu is excited with the ORIVO certification:
– We will actively market the ORIVO certification to drive value for our brand, including placing the ORIVO logo on product labels together with QR code to access the authenticity certificate for the product consumers just have bought.
An additional benefit of the ORIVO certification is its Mystery Shopping program, and Xu is asking VIK consumers to pay extra attention to this feature:
– ORIVO will routinely shop VIK products as regular consumers in the marketplace, and analyze them in their lab in Norway in order to ensure compliance and verify authenticity. This gives our clients two important guarantees: It verifies that the samples sent from our production partners are authentic, and additionally it allows us to discover irregularities and uncover possible copy-cats in the marketplace. This is of tremendous value to our end users, who can now be certain they are getting the highest quality krill oil available every time they buy a box of VIK!